Merry Christmas Eve!
Home for the holidays never felt so good! After a busy day of snowboarding and traveling home, it’s about time to kick back and relax with the family. Naturally, this means baking, cooking, and eating good food. As we are preparing our Christmas Eve feast, the crowds are getting hungry: time for appetizers. Good thing we stocked up on ready-made puff pastry sheets at TJ’s because they are perfect for a quick bite to fend off those pre-feast hunger pangs. We chose to make Strawberry Baked Brie Bites but there are many different flavor combinations, so get creative!
Here is what you will need:
- 1 Box of puff-pastry dough (it comes with 2 sheets at Trader Joe’s)
- A hunk of Brie cheese (double cream, if you are feeling brave)
- Jam (we used Organic Strawberry Preserves)
Here is how you make it:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take dough out of freezer, cut into 1 in. squares.
- Place onto greased cookie sheet (or use parchment paper) and be sure to leave some space between them.
- Pop the dough in the oven for a few minutes to get it baking.
- Cut a hearty slice of Brie and place in the middle of each dough square; top with preferred flavor of jam (or preserves) and put back in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and nice and crispy.
Little Yellow Kitchen Morris Kitchen,
Jesus is the Reason for the Season!